Dominica was the name given to 289.8 sq. miles of land, by Christopher Columbus, when he landed on the island on November 3 rd 1493. On the north eastern side of this beautiful tropical rainforest island is set aside 3782.03 acres of land known as Carib –Territory. It is situated between two villages, Atkinson to the North and Castle Bruce to the South. It is the home of approximately 2208 Kalinagos, the remaining survivors of the first inhabitants of the island. The people call the island Waitukubuli (tall is her body), and they call themselves Kalinagos. The Europeans called them Caribs.